Position: Software Developer in Research & Development: DevOps
Location: San Antonio, TX
Digital Defense has an immediate opening for a Software Developer to work in our Research and Development DevOps team, helping to build out our next generation security technology platform.
Candidates must have prior experience working on server-side code (preferably Python or Ruby) for web-applications, ideally using modern frameworks such as Django, Rails or NodeJS. The position will entail both developing new capabilities for our Frontline system, and helping to integrate our technology with other leading security solutions through their backend APIs.
Digital Defense is a profitable, privately held network security company with solid-growth, a great team-oriented culture and flexible work environment. We offer stock-options, 401k, health insurance and other standard benefits.
The candidate must live in or be willing to relocate to the San Antonio, TX, area.
Skills / Requirements:
- Highly proficient in at least one major scripting language (Python, Ruby or Perl).
- Experience building large webapps on Django, Rails or similar web frameworks which utilize ORM abstraction is a plus.
- Experience working with the Linux operating system and at least one major Linux webserver (Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd)
- Experience working with SQL databases such as Postgres or MySQL, query optimization, and relational database design fundamentals.
- Experience working with high web application cache technologies such as MemCached or Redis is a plus.
- Good understanding of web network protocols such as HTTP, JSON, XML-RPC, SSL and REST API interaction.
- Experience with designing and writing unit-tests for your code is a plus.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field from an accredited university is preferable.
- Detail-oriented, with a passion for automation.
- Must be capable of working both independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Desire the simple, elegant solution over the complex solution.
- All applicants must pass a credit and criminal background investigation prior to employment
- Relaxed dress code and fun team oriented work environment
Email email@example.com to apply.